Welcome to Junior Achievement Zimbabwe
Founded in 1919, Junior Achievement is the world’s largest and fastest growing not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business, economics and free enterprise. In 2019, over 10 million young people participated in JA programs in 121 countries across the globe.
Junior Achievement (JA) Zimbabwe is a private sector initiative and became a Member Nation of JA Worldwide (initially JA International) in October 1998. JA is registered in Zimbabwe as a not-for profit trust organization. In 2019, Over 65,000 young people participated in JA Zimbabwe programs. More than 500,000 young people, both in-school and out-of-school, rural and urban took part in JA programs in Zimbabwe since 1999.
Purpose and Mission
To prepare and inspire young people to value free enterprise, business, economics and entrepreneurship by helping them gain an understanding of,
- How business is conceived and run
- The role of business in a global economy
- The commitment of business to environmental and social issues
- The relevance of education in the workplace and
- The impact of economics on their future in order to improve the quality of their lives and the communities in which they live.